Storybook Plan

I'm still a little unsure exactly how this is going to come together, but here are some basic thoughts about what I want to do with my Storybook:

*I would like it to be an anthology of stories. I don't think that I could base my Storybook off food and make it one long story. I just don't have that skill set to make that work. Which I'm okay with. Short stories are more my thing.

*I want to center this around Indian food. So I think some good sources will be Indian cookbooks and websites that talk about recipes and the history behind each dish/ingredient. I had also thought to talk about each ingredient individually and at the end put them all together to make one recipe? idk, that might not be as fun. However, I do know that a lot of the stories we've read so far for this class all mention food. Or at least in a good majority of them. It quick and in passing, but it's there. (It's amazing how you pick up on that stuff when you focus on it for a project. I would have never even recognized it if it wasn't for my Storybook ideas.)

*I want to retell those stories but center them around the food instead of the characters themselves. I want the "star" of the story to be the ingredients. Some of the stories have been told over centuries and I think there is a lot of say about how the food plays a part in the history and culture of India. My family is from Italy and a lot of the ways we communicate are through food. It's an important part of my culture and history and I imagine it's the same way for other cultures.

I know that before I put anything down on paper, I need to do more research. I missed last weeks assignment (work was hectic and I didnt budget enough time for everything!), so I need to play catch up and get all the details hammered out a bit better. I'm hoping to get caught back up and get the ball rolling in a better direction this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul