Week 2 Reading Anthology

The Jataka I found most intriguing was that of the Rabbit, found here: The Foolish, Timid Rabbit. This tale was written by Ellen C. Babbitt.

The first thing I noticed about all the stories was the formatting of them. Short sentences that weren't in paragraph form. They were single lines in a short story. They conveyed the action or emotion for that particular part in the story. I thought that was an interesting way to write something. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting for this assignment, but it definitely wasn't an anthology of very short stories. They reminded me of very familiar fables my parents used to tell me. Same concepts but with different characters. I thought it was interesting to see that the same wisdom had been passed along in different cultures.

The thing I also liked about this story in particular was the content of the story. The others rang true in one way or another or reminded me to have wisdom in certain areas (like the one about keeping your mouth shut!), but this one I see the most in my life I suppose. I think as humans we are naturally inclined to be followers. We don't ask enough questions and just do what others are doing. I thought this story was a fun way to illustrate this idea. And because it was something I see quite frequently, it gave me some good ideas on what I could write as my own version. It was the one I found most relatable to my own experiences.

I like to keep things light, so I thought it would be funny to have a picture of pink peeps.....because why not?

Title: Easter Bunny Peeps Pink
Source: Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul