Favorite Place


Dirt Road auf Kangaroo Island
Taken Feb 19th, 2003 Source: Wikimedia Commons

This picture of dirt roads looks very similar to a piece of property my husband and I purchased. I grew up on a farm and it reminds me of home. I know that when I'm out here, it's quiet and there is a peace that comes from that silence.

I also enjoy dirt roads because of the surroundings. Sometimes there is nothing for miles on end. Other times you see cattle or horses or the most beautiful hills and lakes around. I work in downtown OKC and am constantly surrounded by people and traffic and noise. It's always go, go, go without a minute to collect your thoughts. When I drive these roads to get to this spot, the tensions of my high-stress job all kind of melt away. Not matter what has happened in my day, I know that I am home.

Although this picture is simple, it was instantly the first place I thought when asked where my favorite place was. I could have said Vancouver or Mexico, as I've been both places numerous times. But the place I always want to return to and makes me this happy is this piece of land out in the middle of absolutely no where. 

Comments

  1. Oh, that picture is great, Sarah! I also live in a rural area; when we moved here, our lot was literally at the end of the paved road, with a dirt road only in front of the house. The road has since been paved... but it's not like there's much traffic out here. Just Internet traffic, ha ha. Anyway, thanks again for getting started: it is going to be so nice for the students who show up later to see a blog stream full of posts. Happy Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy Friday to you as well. I changed up my post a little bit since we needed to use the link function, but it's basically the same idea. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, and you have the link text thing going on now, which is exactly the idea. Perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really cool that you chose a dirt road as your favorite place, and after reading your explanation it really makes sense. It's always nice to find somewhere that you consider home and that you consider somewhere you can just relax and be yourself and it certainly seems like you've found it. I'm glad you went with your gut thought of your favorite place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul