Assignments

Coffee!
Taken 8/24/19 from my phone.

This picture seems kind of random, but the post wasn't super specific about what it needed to contain. I decided that I'd take a picture of my most favorite thing in the morning: coffee!!! I have a hard time starting my day without at least one cup. This morning I'm working on my 3rd. It's super early and very quite at work. These weekend mornings are a nice break from the chaos!

As I think about this assignment and the questions I'm supposed to answer, I realize this class might be a little more taxing than I had originally anticipated. There are a lot of assignments to keep up with each week. The assignments I'm most excited about are the readings. I enjoy reading and learning new things. The ones I'm most anxious about are the storybooks. Creative writing has never been something I've been good at. I struggle with coming up with abstract concepts and then expanding on them to make them interesting. That's probably why I'm an accounting major. Everything is black and white and there is a lot of problem solving. 

I do really enjoy the format of this class as far as the assignments and grading go. I like that everything is open now so I can complete things as my schedule allows. The flexibility lets me fit this class in more easily with my other classes and work schedule. I also like that you just need to reach a certain number of points to reach whatever grade you want to achieve. This makes things a lot easier for those weeks where I just can't get everything done. In more traditional classes, if you miss an assignment it goes in as a zero and there is no making it up elsewhere.

As far as the extra credit assignments, I'm looking forward to the Wikipedia one! I do this on my own anyway. I google random things that pop into my head to learn more about it. Before I know it, an hour has passed and what started as a simple search to look up the appropriate tire pressure for my vehicle and I end up learning about the chemical makeup of asphalt. I like how everything seems to be interconnected on some level. It just may take a few hundred clicks to get there. 

Overall, I'm looking forward to continuing in this class. I think this will push me to do something outside my comfort zone. I'm hoping it will also help me think about my writing. Although I don't do a lot of fiction writing, I do write ALOT for work. Whether it's emails, reports, or evaluations, I still have to put words on paper. Maybe having to think outside the box will help me improve for the technical side of things too?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul