Tech Tip: Canvas Dashboard


For this assignment I decided to do another Canvas tip. This time I read over all the information about the dashboard portion. Surprisingly, I knew most of the things it had to say. The first semester I was here, I had never used Canvas before, so I clicked ALL the buttons to try and figure out how to get into my class! I had a teacher that used ONLY Canvas for pretty much everything. I know a lot of other professors use it just to facilitate tracking of grades and as a place to keep a link for another platform used. However, now that I know I can create to do items on my task list, it will be helpful to track all the information in canvas on the calendar and then in card view on the dashboard.

The one thing I did learn though is that you can create nicknames for your courses. This is helpful for this semester in particular. For some reason, my intermediate accounting I course had a really long complicated name. So being able to change the name to something shorter was very helpful. I just wish that it also applied to the card names in the card view. That’s one thing I have noticed about Canvas, you change something on one page, it doesn’t change over on other pages. So its inconsistent across the whole website. For someone who is OCD like me, that’s kind of annoying.

Another thing I wish was possible is for the student to add pictures to the cards in the card view. Some of the teacher add them (Like this class!) and others don’t. it would be nice to be able to add something that either represented the class for us or something to cheer us up when we have all our classes laid out in Canvas.

I wish I had had this information when I first came to OU. I think the Dashboard is an important part of figuring out how to navigate this site. I think this tip was very useful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul