Tech Tip: Canvas Calendar

This week I decided to do the tech tip on the Canvas calendar. I had clicked on it a few times, but didn't really pay much attention to it. However, after looking at the video, this will be an AMAZING resource to use to better plan out my time. I wish I had known about this earlier in the semester. It will definitely come in handy for future semesters.

My favorite feature of it is that you can add your own events to it. This will really help me because then I can add my work schedule on there with my class assignments. Since I don't have a traditional work schedule, I have difficulties sometimes finding a balance between school, work and home life. This would be better to have it all laid out in one thing. I have about 20 different calendars I use, both digital and paper, to help keep track of things. This could help streamline my planning.

I also really really like that you can export it to an existing calendar format. I use outlook for work and personal stuff, so this makes it incredibly easy to import all that into one calendar.

I'm still a sucker for paper calendars because I can decorate them. However, I'm finding more and more that it's inconvenient to carry it around. If I can bring myself to do everything digital, then I can just carry it around on my phone.

The only problem that I might have with this is if the instructor chooses not to use this option. For instance, my finance instructor doesn't use Canvas for anything other than to input exam scores. Everything else is done on another platform. However, I guess I could go in and add all the events myself, so there is a workaround, but would just take more work.

I'm really excited to start using this feature from now on. I really think this will help with time management a lot more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul