Week 8 Reading and Writing

This week we were asked to review and re-read a lot of our work in this class. The first part of the assignment was to review our online platforms.

For the blogger page, I did adjust some of the arrangements for the blog itself. I took the search off the top of the page and moved it to the sidebar on the left side of the page. There wasn't much there and it looked blank. I also didn't want the search bar to distract from the theme I chose and the pattern that shows up in the banner. I also took off a few things that I thought were unnecessary and distracted from my page.

For the Googles Sites page, I'm pretty dang happy with this page. I think that the style of the page I have created really portrays the feel I want to establish. I want the readers to be drawn in by not only the stories, but get a good feel of what to expect when they look at the pictures. The opening page has a beautiful picture of an elephant
Image Source: Ganesha Hindu God
I think this image is one of my favorite pictures I have used for this class so far. I just think the coloring and the point of view of this piece of art is fantastic! It also gives a sense of wonderment to the opening page of my site. The title of my portfolio is Extraordinary Tales and I think this is a good representation of it. 

The next page is about a police pursuit and I used a picture of red and blue lights, but it's just a hint of them. To me, this is a great reminder of being on the police department. When the officers turn their lights on at night, it looks very similar to this. 

As far as the reading/writing part of this class, I have found that just quick synopsis of each story works best for me. I also add notes at the bottom of the summary if an idea pops into my head. Just a little something to jog my memory of what I was thinking when I read the story. I usually pick out 2-3 of the stories or have ideas for them. I kind of mull them over and decide which theme I like best or what I think I could come up with the most ideas for. And then I just go with it! It has been a lot of fun writing for this class. I'm not sure if I have a favorite that I've written so far....I've only got two right now. But they have been fun writing both. They are polar opposites of each other in setting, feel and what message they are portraying. I do like that there is room for unique differences though in the same class. Not always writing the same thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul