Week 8 Progress

Well.....this might be a hard post to come to terms with. Thus far, I've only completed about 4 weeks worth of work. So needless to say, I'm pretty far behind. According to the progress chart, I need 235 points in the class so far to get an A....I have 134.....I need to work my butt off to catch up to where I need to be.

I have found that if I work on this class a little each day, it's not quite as overwhelming. And now that I'm caught up and trying to get a little ahead, it'll be easier to catch back up and doing a lot of the extra credit to make up the missing points I had for those weeks I didn't do anything. I'm getting ahead today, Monday the 7th, in hopes that the rest of my week can be spent doing extra credit and moving on to week 9. I have days off coming up and I will spend all 6 of them investing the majority of my time in this class.

Looking back, I think my biggest mistake was time management...and maybe signing up for too many classes! I don't know what I was thinking that I could take 12 hours and still maintain a good grade point average. This semester may very well test my sanity. But hey, we are halfway over with the semester at this point. It has flown by! But at least I made it this far and am doing okay in all my classes. If I can keep going with a small improvement in this class, then I just might survive this semester.

Photo taken in April of this year in Costa Rica
Not pictured here is the adorable 6 month old!



This image represents what really motivates me more than anything. Everything I do is for my family. Because I take time away from them to attend school and do homework and spend an enormous amount on school, I feel that I need to do well for them. I want to make them proud and I want to give myself the best shot at having better opportunities out of life. For me that means working hard to learn the material and earn good grades. I'm already at a disadvantage going to school so late in life and not being able to do other things that most college kids do. I will have no clubs or campus involvement on my record or any internships, but what I can strive for are perfect grades.

Here's to hoping for a better second half of the semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul