Week 8 Comments and Feedback

This assignment is reviewing feedback both giving and receiving:

1. Feedback In - I will say the most useful feedback I have received so far is suggestions on how to improve things. Or the feedback as to how the reader felt or questions they had. Even though some people see these as negative, I see them as constructive. Especially since I've decided to go with the portfolio version, it's nice to have comments that I can use to work on my project. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the nice comments and praise, but those just boost my ego. I do also appreciate them because a few of them have told me what they specifically liked about a particular story. This is helpful because then I can use that information to either repeat it in another story, or leave it alone in the story that I'm tweaking to make better.

2. Feedback Out - I have found the easiest way for me to provide feedback is to take notes as I go along. This way I can focus on specific parts of the story instead of just providing general feedback. However, I'm not quite sure what people will want in their own feedback. I'm of the belief that I want it brutally honest. Just straight up tell me what you don't like and why. But I'm not sure that everyone else feels that way. I'm trying to find a balance. My job requires me to give constant feedback in emergency situations. Sometimes I forget that I can't be that forward with everyone else in my life. Some people don't respond well to super structured feedback. It's a skill that I could definitely improve on.

3. Blog Comments - I have enjoyed all the comments on my blog and other people's. For being an online class, this is probably the most interactive one I've been in. You can really start to tell a person's quirks and style through their writing and what all they include. It's been interesting for sure. Also, I typically don't leave comments on anyone's social media or blog type posts. Just not my thing. So being in this class has forced me to move outside my comfort zone. The verdict is still out if this is something that I like or not.

4. Looking Forward - I think going forward, I wouldn't make any changes at this point. However, if anyone is actually reading this blog post, tell me what you like or don't like and why. This is the easiest way for me to address and issue and make something better of it. Also, I have TERRIBLE grammar. So if you see something that looks stupid/off, please let me know. I try to get fancy with it to seem smart and always add a comma or semicolon in the wrong place.

5. 
Image Source: Feedback Cat
I chose this feedback cat because I think it's true of feedback in my own life. I constantly seek feedback from my boss so that I can grow professionally. I think it's also important academically. If we don't know what we are doing wrong, or right for that matter, than we can never really grow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul