Famous Last Words: Halfway There!


Wrapping up this week officially signals the halfway point in the semester. It has gone by so quickly yet seems like this semester is dragging on. Usually at this point in the semester my grades are a little more on sturdy ground. I will have to work my butt off the next several weeks to get them back to where I’m comfortable with them.

I was finally able to catch back up in this class and for the most part, have been able to stay on top of the assignments this week. I say this at 11:30pm on Sunday night! However, I did have better time management this week and knew that I had a lot going on and to start early. I was able to knock out half of the assignments in one morning which freed up time to work on other assignments during the week.

I had a work conference in Tulsa on Tuesday, a full day at work and school Wednesday, parent teacher conference Thursday, and two birthday parties to attend this weekend. I’m exhausted and ready to find time to sleep!

In this class, I have read quite a few of other people’s versions of the epics. I have to say, there are some really creative people out there! Even if they don’t have a writing style that I particularly care for, they have great ideas! I read one about Star Wars weapons, one about a weather girl and several other that were fun to read. I also read the story of the Foolish, Timid Rabbit in several different versions. In my version, I did this as a police chase. I also read a version of a playground and one other one that was a whole different perspective. I thought it was so fun to see that the same story being re-told could be three completely separate versions in all different directions.

I’m hoping that this week coming up is equally as manageable as this week. I have two more days off and most of the time is unplanned as of yet. I’m hoping to get a jump start on this week’s assignments and maybe into next. Or do as much extra credit as I can to get caught back up on points. We will see how this goes!

This is my homework helper for the week. I get up for five seconds and he steals my spot! However, he is too cute to stay mad at for long. I love his little squishy face!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul