Famous Last Words: Scheduling!

I can already tell that this semester is going to be super challenging for me. I'm only two weeks in and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I decided to take 12 hours this semester because I want to graduate so bad it's not even funny. Now I'm rethinking that choice. I'm really hoping that it's just because I took the summer off and am trying to adjust back into the routine of things. It also hasn't helped that work has been a nightmare these last few weeks. I have a very large assignment that I've been working on that takes up most of my time. Even having to go in on my days off to work on it. I love time sensitive work projects....said no one ever.

I think the thing I really need to figure out for this semester is a schedule that works well with the rest of my life. Juggling the family, work and school will be the challenge. And I really need to stop procrastinating! It gets me every stinking time. I wait until last minute to do anything and then stress myself out trying to get it done. My goal this semester is going to be working ahead as much as I can and stop waiting until last minute for everything if it can be avoided. I know some weeks will be harder than others, but at least being proactive about it will hopefully counteract those weeks.

I can say that my classes this semester seem the most fun thus far. I'm taking all classes that I enjoy the subject matter so that should help with the motivation to do the work. For classes in the past that I didn't like, it was like pulling teeth to get homework done and I definitely didn't study as much as I should have for those classes. I'm also able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and graduation is creeping ever closer, so I'm motivated (for now anyways) to keep working my butt off to get things done.

Hopefully this time next week I'll have my schedule down and things won't be as rough. I'm going to use the holiday break to get ahead in this class and caught up in the others. To those reading, have a great week!

The picture below is one that I took of my planner. This is a "simple" week for me, but as it goes along, I'm sure all the blank spaces will fill up. I also usually have color coded stickers for each class so I can put all my assignments on the calendar where they go. But alas, I haven't had time to make any yet. Maybe if I can get caught up I can play around on the computer a big a design something fun.

Title: Planner
Source: Took this picture myself

Comments

  1. Hey Sarah!

    I still cannot imagine being a full time student and working and taking care of a family. Kudos to you because I would not be able to do it. Planners are awesome! I am glad you are able to keep up with one with everything you are doing. I tried a planner one semester was always forgot to look in it/fill it out, so it was redundant for me. Best of luck to you throughout the semester and I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul