Yes...I Love Technology

I am quite excited about the technology aspect of this course. Although last fall was my first experience with blogging, it's something I'm interested in learning. Not so much for the actual writing content of it, but for the design part of it. After looking at several of the storybooks and blogs for this class, it's clear there are a TON of options to make it uniquely mine. So far, all my MIS courses have not dealt with anything design related. I know it is a growing field. While it's not directly related to management information systems, it does tie in quite a bit. For example, if I create a user interface for a client for a database, I want it to look nice. Most of the platforms used here are not for that purpose, but with all things technology, there are similarities. For me, I don't think the challenge in this class with be using the technology, but rather keeping it all organized.

As for the level of technology used for this class, I will say it is more than I have used in previous classes. Because it is an online class, it's a given that technology will be a factor, but I've never taken a class with so many options. At most, I have used one other source that links into the class such as Connect or Cengage or Blogger. But with just the one option, it limits the creativity, so this class should be fun to expand on.

The skills I want to work on this semester are creating websites that are interesting to look at and functional. For this course, the formats will be catered to using them for storybooks. However, I could see this as a useful skill set for my work responsibilities. I give a large number of different presentations in the scope of my duties. I typically use the dreaded PowerPoint to present the information. If a colleague or student requests the information, I either have to print it off or email them a copy. It would be handy to have a web page created with different tabs on it (Like Twine, Wix, or Wordpress) that can contain the information plus links to helpful websites or further research/learning opportunities. It would also be great to have when technology doesn't cooperate. Anyone could access the web page and information provided. I could also just provide the link to the website instead of printing copies or emailing 100 different people.

I wasn't really sure what to use as a picture for this post. There were a lot of options. However, i settled on the on below because if I could, I'd have a supercomputer like this in my house! Not sure what I'd use it for, but the amount of opportunities are endless

Sierra Supercomputer
Source: Wikimedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall: Extraordinary Tales

Weird But Effective Introduction For Sarah

Week 12 Story: A Single Soul